Discontinuation of Transactions via Email/Fax
Dear valued Customer,
Please note that all financial banking transactions will be migrated to our internet Banking (INB) platform starting from 15.09.2020 due to increasing threat of cyber frauds and business email compromise incidents.
2. Customers are requested to register with our INB platform at the earliest for a secured banking experience. For those who are not using our INB platform, we request you to kindly register yourself by visiting www.onlinesbiglobal.com and entering the first nine digits of your account number and inputting the OTP that will be sent to your registered mobile number. Should you face any difficulty in registering yourself, please address your issues to the email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. We are also working on implementation of a solution in the existing internet banking (INB) platform where in, you can upload the necessary transactional documents and send email from the secured internet banking platform itself.
4. Please note that we will not accept any requests for any financial transactions received through E-Mail / Fax communications after 14:00 on 15.09.2020.
5. SBISA will also be launching a new secured banking app ‘Yono’ later in the year.
6. We request your kind support and cooperation in conducting the banking business more securely. Your valuable suggestions to improve the content and quality of SBI electronic banking will be appreciated.