- Select an ATM that is in a well-lighted location.
- Avoid ATM at the corner of a building which often has a blind area in close proximity to the customer's transaction.
- Identify an ATM with maximum natural surveillance and visibility.
- Avoid ATM with barriers such as shrubbery, landscaping, signs, decorative partitions or dividers blocking the line of sight of the ATM.
- Do not stand at the ATM to count the cash you get - put it away immediately.
- Never accept offers of assistance with the ATM from strangers; ask the bank for help.
- Never lend your ATM card to anyone; treat it as if it were cash.
- If the lights around the ATM are not working properly, do not use it.
- If the ATM keypad appears to be tampered, do not use it.
- Be aware of your surroundings. If you feel uncomfortable, don’t use the ATM.